At Rakura, we aspire to make a difference well out of proportion to our size. We inspire and develop our own people while becoming a catalyst for direction and innovation in the industry.
However, to deliver on that promise, we have to understand and connect with our people and their needs. That means we must create a medium – an assorted group of our own people elected by our people to suitably represent the diversity for all the people working at Rakura.
For us, it’s not just about attracting the right people, valuing them and developing them to reach their full potential but enhancing their lives and the lives of their families. We believe that our accomplishments should not be at the cost of the social and ethical conditions of our people because at Rakura, the secret to making good tea starts at the hands of our people.
The following measures are taken to ensure the wellbeing of our people and the extended community:
- Promote Fair recruiting and hiring processes
- Raising awareness on diversity issues and respecting differences
- Promote Women empowerment
- Support Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- Promote Health and safety
- Campaign against child labor and discrimination
- Embrace industry leading wages and benefits
- Create appropriate working hours and regular employment
- Raise harsh or inhumane treatment issues
We ensure that these measures are not just laid down but are also appropriately addressed by the elected members of the workforce as well the estate management with regular staff meetings to resolve conflicts and accommodate new ideas. These steps endorse our commitment to our people while encouraging us to be frontrunners in our industry with regards to employee management – a declaration reverberated by our people and the community.